Help Need with Parallel Set Up

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kojo.Bee, May 5, 2015.

1. Kojo.Bee macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to do a parallel set up on my MacBook Pro so I can run a specific windows based program on it. I'm an accountant and the software I need is only made for Windows.

Can someone please post a link to something I can take my time read through so I understand what I'm doing, or send me any info you

Cheers

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Just purchase and download Parallels from the Parallels site, purchase a copy of Windows 8.1 (if you don't have one) and then open Parallels. You'll be automatically guided every step of the way.

3. Kojo.Bee thread starter macrumors newbie

4. interstella macrumors regular

interstella

Download the demo of Parallels. It's fully functional and gives you a couple weeks in which to try it out.

I installed it as I also have a couple of Windows programs I need to run. It works perfectly!

5. Thomasba58 macrumors member

Thomasba58

I can vouch for Parallels as well, using it to run Win10 and I'm using Sage 50 in there as well. Parallels isn't cheap but if you're an accountant I'm sure you can "lose" it in the books somewhere :)

6. DaWhiteCastle macrumors newbie

Hey, can you recommend a place to download Windows 8.1 from? I have a 2015 15" macbook pro 2.5 GHz and everywhere that I read says that I need the ISO version and that the exe version will not work (including on the Parallels site), however I cannot seem to find an ISO version anywhere (legally). Any help is greatly appreciated!

7. Thomasba58 macrumors member

Thomasba58

I think the MS Developer site may have the 8.1 OS but I have an allergic reaction to Win 8.1 it brings me out in a bad case of swearing and hurling things at my computer! I would just go for the Win 10 preview.

8. DaWhiteCastle macrumors newbie

HAHA...yes I am not a fan of Windows 8 either. I may just wait all together until Windows 10 drops to the public as I am not a developer and would prefer to avoid all of the bugs. Thank you for your reply!

9. Thomasba58 macrumors member

Thomasba58

I've found the link you were looking for, for 8.1 enterprise.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/hh699156.aspx