Help Needed! 15" 2015 rMBP crash - extremely hot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmikhail490, Sep 1, 2015.

1. jmikhail490, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015

jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

Good morning world,

Ive had this laptop for about a week now and this thing has been an absolute please and I have loves every minute of the week with this new beauty. (I got the standard 16gb 256 pci model. Not the higher end 15")

Last night I was watching a show from a regular website. I think it was vh1 (nothing un trusted or weird, I think) and all of a sudden everything crashed and the rMBP turned like dark blue and shut off and I turned it back on and I think if i remember correctly it asked if I wanted to boot up (press any key to boot up, system crashed) something like that, so I did and I have been using it this morning and this thing is definitely not working right at all!

Its SUPER hot and ill attach some images to show memory cpu and battery because I had about 86% and its showing me 1:29 min remaining or something like that and the battery percentage is falling down FAST i can watch the percentage go down and its really bothering me this thing is brand new.

The only thing I am using while this is happening is safari and reminders and mail. 4-5 tabs and just regular non video websites.

I don't know what to do to fix this or try to get rid of it. Is there any boot I can do or anything i need to try?

Also the question mark in the dock happened right after it crashed and that icon is supposed to be Xcode beta (the latest one)

There is also slight lag between switching spaces that definitely was not there before last night

Please help I have no idea what to do (I am not good at all with fixing computers or figuring out what happened)

thank you very much in advance

(my apologizes for the pictures and the wallpaper and stuff but i just didn't care this computer is really bothering me and i want to fix it asap)

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's brand new it's within the return period just take it back and get it replaced.

3. jmikhail490 thread starter macrumors regular

jmikhail490

Okay so you would say it's something serious and I'd need to replace it? It's not just something I can move on from and not worry about?

Thanks!!

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep that sounds fairly serious to me and even if it isn't it's pretty worrying for a week old computer, I'd take it in straight away.

5. jmikhail490 thread starter macrumors regular

jmikhail490

I would have to back it up. I haven't backed this up yet since I got it and I use this as my primary business computer and so I have a lot of files I absolutely need

If i do a backup of this will it be a corrupt backup since it crashed? do you recommend to not backup and just take the files I need or what?

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I would take a full back up it doesn't sound like a software issue but if that proves to be the case you can always just migrate the files back and re-download the software.