iPhone Help needed 8.3 beta iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Krazyred28, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Krazyred28 macrumors newbie

I need help I had 8.3 beta on my iPhone 6 and had to replace my phone now I can't update new phone to 8.3 beta and without doing so I can't access any of my photos or some of my apps without update.please if anyone has 8.3 beta profile so I can update.thank you

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

How did you originally get the beta on your previous phone? Seems like the same method should work on the new one.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

you also need to make sure your new phones UDID is on the dev account if thats how you got the beta to begin with. you wont be able to load the beta unless thats taken care of.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't believe that's needed for public betas.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

That's why I said he needs to do that if that's how he originally sourced his beta unless he is now in the public beta program straight through apple.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like its the public beta program given that profile installation was mentioned in the OP.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Just go to this page on your phone and log in with your Apple ID when prompted. The rest should be self-explanatory.

8. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

So public beta is only for specific people correct? I clicked on that link from my 5s and it just said to enroll my Mac

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, it still seems to be by invite basically.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't believe that Apple has ever called it a "public beta", that's just the name that people have been using. As you say, it's by invitation.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like Apple itself makes references to it being public beta: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but I only see "public beta" mentioned under OS X (which is indeed available to everyone), not iOS.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

What's on that page applies to both OS X as well as iOS as iOS is now part of the same program. So far though, iOS is only by invitation, but that doesn't change that it's the public beta of it as it's still offered to the public that is part of the Apple public beta program (just in a limited fashion so far).