Help needed: Audio trouble when ripping DVD

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Reach, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Reach macrumors 6502a

Hello, I own some children DVD's that my son loves watching, and since I just bought a Mac Mini for the living-room , I figured it would be nice to rip these and keep them on the Mac instead of having to use the DVDs all the time.

Tried Mactheripper, get the thing in, but didn't find any way to split the vobs into chapters instead of the original big VOB-files that contain 2-3 episodes each, so that didn't seem like the best plan.

Then tried Handbrake, and there I could rip the chapters into separate files, which is what I wanted, but then I have a problem with the audio, which is about 3 seconds before the picture..

I've tried a couple different presets in Handbrake, so that shouldn't be the problem, and I can't seem to find any preferences for adjusting audio-delay either.. These are multilingual DVD's, with intro, then languagespecific-titlescreen etc, I don't know if that could mess things up..?

Anyway, does it sound like there is something I can do to fix this?

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

3. Reach thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did, that's not the issue. (At least if Hanbrake's "Same as source"-function works)