Help needed for an interview in home theatres

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Buschmaster, May 3, 2007.

1. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

So I have an interview at a local Best Buy coming up next Monday. I'll be interviewing with the guy in home theatres and it's possible I'll work in that section.

Any tips for things I should know? I feel like I know some stuff, but I'm wondering about a few things.

What are the differences between 2.1 and 5.1?

Any sources for learning basic and/or advanced things?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

2.1 is left and right speakers with a subwoofer.
    5.1 is left, right, center, rear left, rear right, and a sub.

EDIT: Wiki is the source of all knowledge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound

B

3. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

4. Iker89 macrumors member

I work in the home theater department at Best Buy and it is truly the best department to work in. There is plenty of room to grow once you get the job and when you are spending $15,000 of a customer's cash, it can even be fun. I doubt whoever interviews you will ask you specific, product based questions. At my interview, there was a pencil sitting on the table and my manager says "sell me this pencil." They will teach you everything you need to know once you have the job. The main point in selling, at least to Best Buy, is to "provide the complete customer experience." One thing Best Buy is trying to focus on right now is asking customers lifestyle questions. Get to know them personally because it makes selling so much easier. Mention the "complete customer experience" and there is no way they can turn you down. Just act confident in what you are doing, they love that.

5. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Okay, so I won't read up a ton, but I do now understand the basics.

Thanks for the tips, Iker. Hopefully I make a good impression and I'll let you guys know how it goes, it's in about a week and a half.

Wish me luck!