Help needed: How to install a slider from one theme to another?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KentuckyHouse, Oct 25, 2010.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hey everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble and after searching (literally) all day and half the night, I haven't been able to find the answer I need. I'm hoping someone can help and explain that help in a way I'll understand...lol.

I downloaded and installed the Slanted Lock theme from Cydia today and I really like it. But, I'd like to have the slider from a different theme...namely, the slider from the Clear Rain iOS 4 theme. I know from everything I've read that people say to get the slider and drop it in the "Themes" folder, but I know I'm doing something wrong because I can't seem to get it to work.

At first, I tried just dropping it in the var>stash>themes folder and the files showed up in Winterboard, but obviously didn't show up on the lock screen when I resprung. Then, after some more reading, I found a Winterboard tutorial that said to create a folder in var>stash>themes and call it something like "Slider". Then create a folder in that folder called "Bundles". Put another folder in that folder called "com.apple.TelephonyUI" and then drop the files in THAT folder. Whew!

Unfortunately, that didn't work either. So, I thought, I need to replace the files in the actual Slanted Lock them that correspond to the slider it comes with. Ok, so I navigate (WinSCP) to the Slanted Lock theme and find the files, but the slider from Clear Rain only has 3 files, while the folder in the Slanted Lock theme has about 15 different files, all corresponding to the slider. I tried replacing the Slanted Lock ones with the Clear Rain ones (I made sure the file names of the Clear Rain ones were EXACTLY the same), but no joy.

Can someone give me some guidance here? I'm by no means an expert at modding in this way, but I've come a long way and do feel like I know what I'm doing.

I appreciate any help or guidance you all can give me!

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

replace the com.apple.TelephonyUI FOLDER in the Slanted Lock Folder with the com.apple.TelephonyUI FOLDER from the theme you want.

Or re-order the themese in Winterboard. So make sure that Clear Rain iOS 4 theme is above the Slanted Lock Theme.

3. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Awesome! Thank you, lucifiel! Short, sweet, to the point and exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks!