Help needed in fighting cancer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Buschmaster, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Please let me know if this is not appropriate for the forum.

For those of you who don't here is a brief run down of the Relay for Life.

One day. One night. One community. Your Relay For Life® is about celebration, remembrance, and hope. By participating, you honor cancer survivors, pay tribute to the lives we've lost to the disease, and raise money to help fight it – all right here in your community. You won't want to miss one moment of this life- and community-affirming event!

So, essentially, we take time to honor and remember those with cancer, if they have lost the battle, are currently fighting it, or have beaten it. This is a very big event and I can assure you of it's validity. For more information on the event in general feel free to visit this site:
    Relay for Life

To make a donation, proceed to this site:
    Eric's Relay Page

Also, if you donate or not, feel free to share stories of loved ones.

My Grandma is the biggest reason I am doing the Relay. She has had cancer for about as long as I've been alive and she's the strongest willed person I know. She's my hero and I admire her so much.

My girlfriend has had tough times in her family with cancer. She lost her aunt at a very young age (30's) and her Grandpa also lost the battle with cancer.

I'll be remembering those 3 in particular on this night, as well as any that you guys would like me to keep in mind.

Thank you.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have a friend who does a number of relays and runs for Cancer because she is a survivor herself. I know thinking about my kids from cancer camp in particular got me through the hardest part of the marathon I ran. Anyway, I think what you're doing is great, and I just wanted to wish you good luck! :)

3. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Thank you very much for the support, mkrishnan. :) I think being a Cancer survivor can give someone the mentality that they have a second lease on life and should live it the best way they know how. They really seem to take care of themselves, from what I've seen.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

By policy we don't allow fundraising threads, but of course we support good causes, so we'll close the thread but leave it visible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.