Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
I have an iphone 4 that is stuck in recovery mode and it can not restore in Itunes can anyone help

Last edited by a moderator:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Is iTunes working correctly, has your phone been recognised by iTunes/and your computer?

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
What happened just prior to it getting "stuck"?

1) I installed i tunes on a windows pc
2)i conected the iphone
3) A message showed up stating that i needed to update
4) i clicked on update
5)waited several hours and i got a message saying that itunes could not restore IOS
6) i tried a couple of you tube videos telling me that i needed to use a couple of ways to press the power button and the home button to get it out

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
1) I installed i tunes on a windows pc
2)i conected the iphone
3) A message showed up stating that i needed to update
4) i clicked on update
5)waited several hours and i got a message saying that itunes could not restore IOS
6) i tried a couple of you tube videos telling me that i needed to use a couple of ways to press the power button and the home button to get it out

Was this iPhone 4 working PRIOR to you doing an update?

Did iTunes recognized the iPhone 4 propr to updating? I assume it did or it would not have allowed the start of the update.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Was this iPhone 4 working PRIOR to you doing an update?

Did iTunes recognized the iPhone 4 propr to updating? I assume it did or it would not have allowed the start of the update.

Everything was fine. No erratic behavior

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.