iPhone help needed, iphone 4s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cosworth1994, Oct 8, 2014.

1. cosworth1994 macrumors newbie

hey guys, you're my last chance for this.

i've got an iphone 4s (iOS 5.1.1) it has a liquid damage, and the person who owns it has never backed up any of her data...iknow....

that's what i did.

- cleaned the logic board with alcohol and replaced the battery
    - after that the iphone starts while plugged in to the wall and i get access to the pictures, BUT: the battery won't charge and it looks like the battery connector got shortened.. anyways,
    -when plugged in to the mac: phone is stuck in boot loop and won't start
    -when plugged in to the mac in recovery mode, itunes recognises the phone
    -wifi is greyed out and it won't recognise the sim card (searching) therefore i'm unable to use the internet to send the pics..

so i used a usb splitter to get the phone working by plugged in to the wall and connect it to the computer at the same time (via usb hub) . but itunes nor any other applications are recognising the phone that way.

so i thought, maybe you guys have another idea how i could get to the pics? maybe a jailbreak could do it?

itunes doesn't let me restore the phone either , cuz of the missing battery i assume.

i'm thankful for any suggestions.

greez

2. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

As long as you have access to the pictures, have you tried iFunBox?

http://www.i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/

It's a free program that might help you out.

One of the site's screens shows full access to the camera roll. No jailbreak needed, either.

3. cosworth1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the input, i've tried several recovery programs, and all of them failed. i was able to get the phone recognized by a few but they were still not able to scan thru.. the point is, as soon as i plug it in to the mac it's stuck in boot loop. (except when i start the device at the wall and then plug it to the mac using a usb splitter and a hub.. when the phone works, the mac doesn't recognize it, and when the computer sees the phone , the phone won't boot.. it's a calamity