help needed!! "iphone is disabled"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by appledrone, Sep 6, 2010.

1. appledrone macrumors regular

Hi everyone, i have a 3g that the code has been entered incorrectly 3 times and now is disabled, the computer that is was origianlly synced with is now broken. I have plugged it into my new macbook and it says it cant connect to the phone because is is disabled. (the phone says connect to itunes), I understand that it probably wants to be connected to its original machine but that is now impossible. is there any way that i can reset the phone without jail breaking etc?

thanks for reading

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Go onto utube and search for DFU mode for what ever version of iOS you have on the iphone. then you can restore, I am assuming you really own the phone and it is not stolen

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

you dont even have to do a dfu restore. you can just plug into iTunes and hit restore and it will set it up like the day you bought it new. now if it is or you want it to be jailbroke you can do a dfu restore and if you have an ispw file like for firmware 3.1.3 you can restore it to that and then you can jailbreak again. otherwise it will upadate to 4.0.2 and you wont be able to jailbreak.

4. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299