Help needed! MacBook will not power on

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dougwhip, Apr 29, 2014.

1. dougwhip macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

My 13 inch macbook that I bought last August has given me no problems since I've had it until last night. It suddenly shut off and now it will not turn back on. I tried plugging in my charger, but all that shows up is a dim green light that flickers orange. I plugged the same charger into a working mac and the light was bright green. Immediately after plugging it into the working mac, I plugged it into mine and the light was also bright green and eventually got dimmer. So I am wondering what I can do in order to start up my mac without having to spend money or send it anywhere so I can still be able to get my school work done on it. I found other posts similar to my issues, but nothing too recent.
    Thanks in advance!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So it is completely shut down and is it out of battery or is it just asleep and will not charge?

Have you tried a PRAM and SMU reset?

3. dougwhip thread starter macrumors newbie

It is completely shut down and it shut down with nearly full battery. I tried those resets but they did not work

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Unfortunately, you probably have a failed logic board. You need to take it into Apple, which I understand is a pain and you need your computer, but I do not think there is anything you can do, unfortunately.

Hopefully they can power it on for you and you can at least grab some data off the hard drive before you hand it over. Bring a few thumb drives and such so you can try to do that. Did you call Apple to get help troubleshooting? They may have an idea.

5. dougwhip thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did today. I had a feeling I would have to take it in, but I was just checking to see if anyone had any ideas