Help needed! Moving music from iPad to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Maggiep67, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

Good morning!!

Need some assistance. I accidentally erased all the music off my iPhone last night!! I hadn't backed it up in a while (I know!! It won't happen again...). Somehow I lost all the music from iTunes as well, meaning when I plug my phone into iTunes I can't see any of the music or their playlists.

However, I can see all the music is on my iPad when I connect that to iTunes. Is there a way to get the songs and their playlists from my iPad to my iPhone?

Thanks!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

If your music is still in your iTunes library then you should be able to sync it with your iPhone.

3. Maggiep67 thread starter macrumors regular

Maggiep67

That seems to be the problem. It doesn't appear to be in iTunes anymore. But when I sync (and backed up) my iPad all my music can be found on my iPad. Does that make sense?

4. jetsam macrumors 6502

There is a program called "sharepod" that can copy music from your iPad to iTunes. I have not used it in several years, but it used to work pretty well. It used to be "nagware" - don't know its current status in regard to requiring a purchase.

www.getsharepod.com

Once your music is in iTunes, you can copy it to your iPhone.

5. xixi.li macrumors regular

looks good idea

6. Sare2514 macrumors newbie

Sare2514

If you can see all the music on your iPad, first you should backup your music to iCloud or iTunes. Later you can use the same account log in iCloud or iTunes, and then use your iPhone sync with iCloud or iTunes, in this way, maybe your lost music can be retrieved. If it still doesn't work, maybe you can try to get back your songs for your iPhone with the help of iMyfone-Dack. You can use it for a free scan.

7. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

Maggiep67, if you still face this problem, you may try AnyTrans, it "saved my life" some days ago.