Help needed...MS Publisher...colours...advice

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Tymmz, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Hi everyone.

I have a friend who needs to do a poster for her studies.

I don't know anyone who is experienced in this sort of thing, but I thought there are many skilled minds lurking around this forum, who might can give us advice, if possible.

I attached a link to the .pub file and if there is anyone who can correct the colour combinations of the different columns, that would be extremely helpful. I wish i could take screenshots, but I'm afraid I can't open .pub files on my mac.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13695129/poster.pub

Thank you very much!

p.s. Please forgive me if I bump the the threat at a certain point, since I might have posted this at an inconvenient time.

tymmz

2. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

I can't offer any help, but seeing that this is primarily a Mac users forum, it'll be somewhat impossible to find someone on here that could help you, as MS Publisher is not available for the Mac Platform. Trying some MS Publisher/Office threads will do you better.

Best of luck.

3. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I tend to agree with the previous post, it's primarily a Mac forum so it would be very tough to find anyone who could help with regards to Publisher OR recommend it as a pseudo-"professional" application.

Generally speaking, I've had a few clients send me stuff from Publisher... The "colour" issues in the app are painful at best, if you're after a specific HEX then you'll probably run into a few issues...

If it were me I'd recommend the following, it will give you a far better result that going down the Publisher route (it truly is a heinous application for the masses).

If skill level is the issue I would recommend using Pages, it does have some very nice templates while the finished results can be rather good for the newbie users.

Otherwise I would use Inkscape, it would be the closest thing to Illustrator without the attached costs, with that said there's a steep learning curve.

4. PrePressAcrobat macrumors member

When would you need it completed.
    I will be on my Publisher machine tomorrow afternoon PST

MSD

5. Tymmz thread starter macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Thank you very much everyone for your replies and suggestions.

She already handed in her work and all was good.

It was a really short notice request, because she became very stressed.

Thank you again.