Help needed..My Iphone 3G hanged up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunnymac, Mar 1, 2009.

1. sunnymac macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    1 month back, I bought Iphone 3G. I dont know what happened to it now..from today morning I cant see anything...Just a blank white screen. I am getting calls but i dont know who is calling..Just white screen is coming...I dont know how to switch off also...i cant see anything...please help me in aspect..thanks in advance.

Sunny

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Hold the power button(the button on the top you use to "lock" the phone) and the home button at the same time.

Sometimes takes 20-30 seconds, but this will usually force the iphone to restart. I've had to do this a time or two.

Sean

3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I had this same thing happen to me too. Wouldn't turn on, still would sync with iTunes though. I took it to the Apple Store and replaced it without question! (He even got it to turn on, but he said he would give me a new one just so it wouldn't happen again.)

I think I was rather lucky, because unrelated I had large dings and black scrape marks on it from when it fell out of my locker (the one day I didn't have the case on it). So I got rid of those too. lol you can see if they do that, maybe your Genus will be as sympathetic as mine was.