Help needed on mac!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by morts18, Jan 27, 2012.

1. morts18 macrumors newbie

Right, my internal microphone is no longer working for some reason i do not know and when i try talk to people on skype they cannot here me well, i have to speak right into the laptop for them to here me a little bit. I went out and bought a simple computar external microphone and the guy in the shop said it would work with mac. I got home and tried to test it using PhotoBooth video but yet again no sound. I did abit of research and someone told me to buy a usb soundcard which i did. I got a Dynamode USB 2.0 Sound Card and when i plug it in and go to System Preferance i can see it there as USB Audio. I plug my microphone and headphones into the sound card and go back onto photobooth video and record something. I then play it back to myself and cant hear anything. The headphones are definatly working through the sound card as i can listen to iTunes and stuff through it,

Any help would much appreciated so i know i havent just wasted loads of money

2. Android300zx macrumors regular

Do you have headphones with a built in microphone (ex. iPhone headphones)? If so, connect and try to talk via Skype.

Did you install another OS along with Mac? If so boot into it and try it out. You can also try and see if you can locate a "driver" for that external Mic you have.