iPad Help needed please! [importing photos]

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snarlz, Oct 6, 2013.

1. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

I have an iPad 1 which is synced to iTunes on my old windows pc. It has many photos of my late wife who sadly died earlier this year. I plugged it into my new Macbook and expected iTunes to import the library of photos but no, it's telling me it's synced to another iTunes which it is on my PC. I need these photos on my Mac, I'm terrified of doing something that's going to delete them.How do I get the Mac to import the photos? Sorry if I sound stupid but it means a lot to me.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm sorry for your loss. As to your current problem, do you still have your PC? If you do, it may be easiest to use the PC to copy your pictures. Surprisingly, transferring pictures from an iPad is easier to do on a PC than on a Mac. If you don't have your PC anymore, I'm afraid I can't help, as I haven't actually used a Mac to transfer pics from an iPad. Hopefully another forum member has a solution!

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

4. snarlz thread starter macrumors 6502

snarlz

I still have my PC. And thank you.

----------

Thanks for what you said, and I'll give that a try.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In case the diskaid method doesn't work out, here's how to do it on a PC.

Connect to PC using the USB cable. Windows is often set to automatically import pictures, in which case an import windows will pop up, and all you need to do is follow the directions. If no import window pops up, open My Computer, and you should see your iPad among "other devices" under your hard drives, cd/DVD, etc. keep opening folders -- there are several layers -- until you get to your pictures, and you can copy them to your PC like you would do with any other files. Sometimes the picture are in multiple folders, so make sure to check all folders Windows shows.