help needed please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wendy1986, Feb 4, 2010.

1. wendy1986 macrumors newbie

hi there, right i'm not gonna bull about how i've forgot my password, i will be truthful..

i recently found an iphone 3gs whilst on a night out. i did not steal it i simply found it. i obviously kept it, yes it is wrong but hey what else am i supposed to do? i'm sure alot of people would do the same.

the phone has a passcode on it and after buying a usb cable, i have tried everything in my power to unlock it but nothing works!

does anyone know how i can restore the phone without using a passcode?

its cool if no-ones willing to help me, but i thought i would try...

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Wow...

Try this: Hold the home button, wait for voice dialing to activate then say "call home" or "call mom" or something common like that. When you get somebody to answer, tell them you found the phone and are looking to return it.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't believe that's the solution she wants.

4. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

You know just as well as I do (well, probably a lot better than I do) that that's the only solution she's going to get around here, mixed in with loads of people telling her how horrible of a person she is.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, she'll get a solution from at least one member, if not more. I could even give you the names of some that will. But yeah, she'll get preached at for awhile before that.

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Right on...

Anyway, while I have you here what does the floating text in your avatar say? It's been bugging me for a while... :D

7. Siarhei macrumors newbie

Go back to where you found it and ask if someone was looking for a lost phone

Sure the person who lost the iphone would ask for help at the place they attended. Be good. Or the iphone will bite.;)

8. wendy1986 thread starter macrumors newbie

please tell me who i could get that solution from? yeah i don't really care about being preached at, i don't believe that if any other person would have found this phone they would return it to its owner! this is the kind of world we live in 'dog eat dog' i think is the phrase. i also do not think apple would return it to its owner, they would simply restore it and re sell it!

9. John T macrumors 68020

John T

For once in your life do the decent thing - take the phone back to where you found it and hand it in.

How would YOU feel if you had lost YOUR phone?

10. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

are you really that computer-illiterate that typing a few words into google escapes your grasp? if so then i'm not sure if an iphone is for you.

really? not one person on this planet would return that phone? That is quite obviously untrue and a silly statement.

p.s.

the fact that you couldn't be certain of the phrase 'dog eat dog' explains alot.