Help needed!"set up as new"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tonicalvo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. tonicalvo macrumors newbie

hi,i have an iPhone 4 jailbreaked on 4.3.3 and i will sell it o a friend now who doesn t want to update it so he can still jb untethered!If i do "set up as new" will he have problem to maintain 4.3.3 and jb it after i do it?
    I want to do "set up as new" so i won t leave any personal info on the phone!

plz answer my question

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

In order to "setup as new" you will have to first restore the phone.
    Open cydia and look at the top of the page to see what shsh blobs you have available and for what firmware versions.
    You can only restore to what you have available and saved on cydias server.
    If you dont have any you can only restore to the latest firmware that's out.

3. tonicalvo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer mate!
    I have 4.3.3,4.3.4 & 4.3.5 on Cydia saved!

Now,that means i can restore and set up as new with no probs?I don t have anything else to do right?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good.
    You will have to use tinyumbrella and click start tss server while you try to restore to 4.3.3 with itunes.
    Either that or edit your hosts file to point to cydias server.

5. tonicalvo thread starter macrumors newbie

u have any link step by step so i won t do any mistake and upgrade by mistake?
    cause i dont know in which order i will do these things.first restore and then start tss,do that in the same time or start tss first?

6. tonicalvo thread starter macrumors newbie