Help Needed - Sharing iTunes Account Content.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cra1g0s, Mar 28, 2012.

1. cra1g0s macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a MBP and an iPod Touch and over the last few months I've been buying apps for my iPod and Mac.

My wife has just bought a new iPad so is there a way we can share apps between my iPod Touch and my wife's iPad? We want to avoid having to purchase the same apps again.

Is the simplest thing to do, to just use my existing iTunes account or is there a way we can have two iTunes accounts and share the content?

Thanks.

2. GUCCIMAN macrumors regular

I let my gf share mine, it's fine just log into iTunes on the other device and download away

3. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I have the same situation with my husband. Essentially, we have 2 different Apple ID's on our devices.
    ID 1 - is for all store purchases, so that we don't have to pay for them twice. This Apple ID is the same for all our devices, eg "username@yahoo.com". In our particular case, we use my Husband's non-Apple email address.

ID 2 - is for all iCloud synchronisation. We each have our own unique "username@me.com" on our personal Macs/iPads/iPhones. This keeps our personal contacts, calendars, notes, mail, pics etc. separate.