help needed to play DOTA in Imac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by darkdj, Sep 24, 2009.

1. darkdj macrumors newbie

Hello guys.
    I was a windows user all time and wc3 and tft r my only games since. But recently I've got a new Imac but don't know how to install those two games at all (obviously I m new to mac). I've been searching for the post and so far end up with posting a new thread here.
    So can any1 Pls help me to get it done. I'd like to install it natively on mac. My problems r when I inserted the CD (original and not damage), it does the loading and I do see some files in there but only setup.exe, setup.mpq, directx, war3.mpq and some trailers movies. And it doesn't even prompt me to install anything. It's Pc/Mac support as well.
    Pls help me to play my belove Dota on my new mac............

2. Zortrium macrumors 6502

When you insert the CD in your Mac and it pops up on the desktop, there should be an installer application that you can run.

3. darkdj thread starter macrumors newbie

Y I do see some folders in there and I listed them all in my thread. But they r not the installers for mac, right? Or do I need to install any installer like windows installer to install some programs.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

War 3 disks are cross-platform compatible. Insert and install. Be sure to download the updates. When you insert the discs a finder window should pop up looking like this:

If you're still having problems, register your CD keys with Blizzard and download the disc images. If you get this working let's play a round of DotA together.

Attached Files:

5. zp3dd4 macrumors member

if you like dota, another game to check out is Heroes of Newerth. It is basically dota with nicer graphics, integrated voice chat and game selection. It is also multi platform with osx supported.

6. darkdj thread starter macrumors newbie

This is what I see .. I might need to contact blizzard thx for help guys. ^^

Attached Files:

7. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I suspect you're using a burned CD, and the person who copied it for you used Windows. That burnt CD won't work on a Mac.

8. darkdj thread starter macrumors newbie

It's original cd (Both ROC and TFT). The only thing I m suspecting is that I still have the game installed and play that on my old PC. What I know is I can install game and plaly on many pc as I like. But only one can use the CD key to play on battle.net

9. Edot macrumors 6502

You are correct. This is not a CD-key issue.

According to this tread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=97147

It appears Blizzard is/was releasing CDs without the Mac version on it. Looks like this is what you got.

I would either return the CDs and order the Mac version from Blizzard, or get the digital version from Blizzard online.

Good luck!

10. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Register the CD keys on battle.net.

Then on their website download the mac ISOs.

11. darkdj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx xparaparafreakx and Edot
    You two got the point. Blizzard forgot to put the mac installer in it. But I managed to have it installed by registering my cd key there and download the mac client....
    Game on Imac is not that bad. I can even play Dota not in full screen mode and surf the net as well. Maybe my old Pc is just too old ^^
    thx for helps guys....................