HELP NEEDED URGENTLY! - Lost Numbers spreadsheets

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by siritalks, Sep 15, 2012.

1. siritalks macrumors member

Hey, my wife has the first generation iPad running IOS5.

I've just sync'd some photos to it for her, and in the process I accidentally deleted a couple of her apps during the sync.

One of which is Numbers. She had a load of spreadsheets saved in there, some of which she backs up via email, but some she doesn't. She doesn't want to use iCloud but now I'm thinking she might change her mind.

Anyway, me being stupid, instead of just restoring from a backup there and then, and sync'd the app back on, which in turn created another backup. That obviously didn't work.

So I guess my question is, is there any way I can get these spreadsheets back, or any way I can revert to an older backup (i.e. not the last backup, but the one before)?

Many thanks in advance for any help...

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

You might be able to restore from an iTunes backup.

3. siritalks thread starter macrumors member

I've tried the latest one (i.e. the only one that shows up in the menu when I click restore) but it was taken on the sync when I was trying to put the app back on, so it's overwritten the one where the files would be located. Is there anywhere where older backups can be found?