Help needed with air printing on brother laser printer

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nsitaram, Feb 12, 2014.

1. nsitaram macrumors newbie

Hi: until now I was able to print from my iPad (original ipad1) on my brother HL 5940 b/w laser printer because the printer supports AirPrint . Recently I bought a all- in- one color laser MFC 9970 which wants people to download their free app "brother iPrint" or something like that. This then is my quandary
    (1) iPad 1 has only os 5.5 and iPrint requires os 6 or later and so I cannot print to brother MFC 9970 (2) adding injury to insult after installation of MFC 9970 and whatever it did to my network I now cannot use the AirPrint utility to even print to my HL 5940. Prior to calling brother I was hoping for some insights and information that would help me or at least deal with customer support who I am sure are going to give me a hard time. Thanks!

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Maybe this:
    http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/

3. nsitaram thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Zman sounds promising and when I installed the demo on my iMAC it printed flawlessly on both the printers from my IPAD. Do you know if it supports windows also or is it only mac and also whether I can install it in multiple machines? Thanks