Help needed with app icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rami9829, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Rami9829 macrumors newbie

Rami9829

So i installed a game but the icon seems to be a fairly low resolution. Its really minor but it just annoys the crap out of me.

Its supposed to look smooth like this [​IMG]

But it looks like this when installed [​IMG]
    The difference is very small but i just want to know if its possible to make the icon look better and if it is possible could someone explaon it to me?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I recently replaced my Messages icon with a BiteSMS icon, but the process is the same. You need to find the icon files (they'll be pngs) in the app folder location. Just edit them in a photo editor (rename the old ones .bak so you have a copy) and save them. Respring or reboot your device (you may also need to flush your caches - iCleaner Pro can do that for you).

You'll need iFile or some way to get to the filesystem.

3. chambone, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Here's a better icon

icon@2x.png

Don't worry about the corners, iOS will make those nice and round. I use filezilla to put files like this on my phone, but I'm sure it can be done with iFile. In iFile first tap the settings button, tap file manager, and set application names to on. Then navigate to /User/Containers/Bundle/Application/, find the app, find the icon and after you make absolutely sure you have the right one, replace it with the new icon. The name could be different so you have to check that. I recommend Respring from BigBoss to respring after swapping an icon, because they might not show otherwise. Good luck

4. Rami9829 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rami9829

Thanks alot. Couldnt have it without you