Help needed with file saved on a disk image

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AlwaysSomething, Dec 15, 2011.

1. AlwaysSomething macrumors newbie

I need help recovering a file saved on an disk image. So here's what happened:

I opened a Pages document which had been previously saved on a password-protected disk image. I made a significant amount of changes to the document and decided to save it as an alternative version of the document. So I did 'Save as', renamed it, and saved it.

Unfortunately I must not have made certain that the disk image was properly selected as the destination to save the new version, because when I reopened the disk image a couple of days later only the original version is there and not the second alternate file.

However, when I have the original document open in Pages and select 'Save as' and the window opens to select where to save I can see the alternate file listed in a 'folder' titled the same as the disk image itself. But again, it's a 'folder' and not the actual disk image with a 'drive' icon.

I don't know what the 'folder' is. I can't actually find it anywhere on my computer. It's only visible when I select 'Save as'. I have no idea if that second alternate file actually exists or if it's just totally lost or what the heck is going on.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. AlwaysSomething thread starter macrumors newbie

No, sorry to report that I don't currently have Time Machine set up (which I am cursing myself for right now!) and I am on Leopard 10.5.8