Help needed with iPhone and "To" field Gmail contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Stang68, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Hey everyone,

My mom's iPhone is connected to her Gmail address and she wants it to automatically show recent contacts from her Gmail in the "To" field when forwarding or composing an email. I'm not too sure how this works in iOS as on Android it shows up automatically from recent adresses I've dealt with.

Is there a way to have recent/frequent contacts show up in the "To" field in Gmail on iOS?

Thanks!

2. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

3. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

They'll pop-up, when you start typing, just the first letter, or so, is all it takes.

5. Stang68 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stang68

Yeah, but that's the thing, they're not popping up when she types. Only one email address is. Does she have to manually type in each one for it to subsequently pop up, or is it automatic based on email conversations with a that certain email?

6. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

That feature on the iPhone is iOS based not Gmail based. If she addresses an email on her phone it will show up later. If she addresses it on her computer it won't. Apple and Google don't get along too well in the Mail/Contacts/Calendar departments. There are a few bugs going on two years that haven't been addressed.