Help needed with Linksys WRT54G

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bomadian, Jul 29, 2008.

1. bomadian macrumors member

I am having a problem with this router that you may be able to help with. It works as wireless but I can never get out to the internet with it. I have reset it. My computer can log in to it and my diagnostics show that the wireless part is working but I get failure on the actual internet part.

It looks like below.

[​IMG]

Other routers work fine on our wireless network.
    Hope someone can help!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Is it connected to a Modem?

Is the Router setup with NAT/DHCP?

The image says that the problem is between whatever the router is connected to and the internet.

TEG

3. durija macrumors 6502

If you haven't done so already...unplug the router from power. Restart your DSL or cable modem, and wait at least 30seconds or even a minute for it to acquire signal, etc. Make sure its lights are showing connection. Reconnect your router to power. If you still get no connection, then it is probably a configuration problem with the router.

4. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

You might also try changing the channel on which the router broadcast's its wireless signal.

I have had this cause issues for me in the past, from lack of connections to overall speed of file transfers to page loads on the internet.

5. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

After doing that, go into the Linksys router and check the Status Page to see if a WAN (internet) IP address has been established and you have DNS addresses assigned. If the IP address shows "0.0.0.0", you are not talking to the DSL/Cable modem. This could be a bad ethernet cable, bad ethernet port on the DSL/Cable Modem, or you have your ethernet cable from the DSL/Cable Modem plugged into the wrong port on the router. On the back of the router you should see an ethernet port marked as "WAN" or "Internet". That is the port you need for the DSL/Cable modem.

6. pixmaniowa macrumors newbie

It is set up with DHCP. I don't know how to check for the other.

7. pixmaniowa macrumors newbie

If I change the channel on the router, do I have to change anything on the receiving end?
    Thanks for the help.