Help needed with MacBook fan part no.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jimmyabcz, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jimmyabcz macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have the 1st Gen white Macbook (2.0Ghz, May-Nov 2006). I need to replace the fan and have been looking on UK-based mac parts suppliers and on ebay.

I understand Apple changed the fan soon after my model (made it slightly bigger) so I'm paranoid I'm going to end up buying the wrong fan.

Below is the info on the fan:

GB0506PGV1-A
    13.V1.B1828.F.GN
    K6916F
    DC5V 1.9W

Does anyone know which of these is the serial number?

Thanks,
    JN

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

3. jimmyabcz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Logana!

In addition to my 1st gen MB, I also have a later model A1811 here that a friend gave me for parts. The fan in it is definitely bigger... i.e. the silver enclosure for the fan itself is bigger.

I'm now noticing the difference between the later, bigger fan (with 'thinner' connector) and my smaller fan (with 'bigger' connector).

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try and buy new or nos rather than a used fan.
    The cheapest I've found so far through UK-based mac parts suppliers is around £40!

I guess keeping an eye out in the auctions for the fan with the same specs and connector should do it.

Best,
    J

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

5. jimmyabcz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again logana!

I'm going to email them to double check it's going to fit before buying, but like you said - a lot less that £40!

Thanks for the links and quick replies.

All the best,

JN