Help needed with Mavericks Share Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Jun 23, 2014.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

When I click on the "Share Screen" button on my Mac at work, it no longer asks for a password before displaying the remote screen on my Mac at home. That concerns me because...

As far as I can tell, there's no pop-up that appears saying someone has remotely connected to the machine.

Seems like a privacy nightmare, so I was hoping someone could first assure me that if somebody from work shares my home computer's screen while I'm working on it, there will be some sort of notification.

Second, is there some preference setting that will require a password before a screen can be shared?

2. 960design macrumors 68020

I'm using Yosemite on my laptop and connected to ( shared screen ) with my server. It still asks for a password from my laptop, but I have not clicked the remember me keychain. Under remote management->computer settings I've checked show connection. My server is headless, but from the remote view I can see that I've or someone has connected.

I typically connect via ssh, using Panic's >Prompt app.

Hopefully this helps a bit.