Help needed with SheepShaver or BasiliskII

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Happycamper723, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Happycamper723 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac OS X v10.6.7
    Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5

Now, my ultimate goal here is to play the game Heroes II of Might and Magic, which my sister and my friends and I all used to play all the time.

However, when I did that, a little message popped up saying:
    "You can't open the application Install Heroes II because the Classic environment is no longer supported." :confused:

So, I did some research. I downloaded Basilisk II. I opened Basilisk II, and no window popped up. I tried clicking window, and Basilisk II, but neither worked. :confused:

So I downloaded Sheepshaver. :eek:

Then guess what, it doesn't open at all. :mad:

So finally, I researched more. The internet forums on this site told me to use "Disk Copy" which could be found in the applications folder, under Utilities.

There was no Disk Copy. :eek:

So finally, I ask you Forumeers humbly for an answer. :(

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

So it sounds like you haven't gotten anywhere with Basilisk or SShaver? Oh boy, well to start you need a bootable disk image. I wrote up this tutorial a while ago:
    http://www.redundantrobot.com/sheepshaver-tutorial/

But if you're a novice I'm not sure if that'll be much help.

3. Happycamper723 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, where do I get the disk copy? What is that? I really know very little about computers.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Disk Copy was an old Utility program from Apple that was replaced by Disk Utility in OS X. I'll be honest, if you're not very good with computers then getting SheepShaver running is going to be quite difficult for you (especially if you're not familiar with Mac OS Classic).

Regardless, here's a link that I think should work:
    http://download.info.apple.com/Appl...osh/Utilities/Disk_Copy/Disk_Copy_4.2.sea.bin

Although I don't think you can expand this in OS X. Follow my tutorial website and try getting a bootable image working, I have some example images even up there for you to boot from right away (I think they still work).