Help Needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Soundwaves, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Soundwaves macrumors newbie

So here's the thing,

i was running out of space on my mac so stupidly i erased my itunes folder as all my music is on my ipod, obviously i freakin erased all my ipod touch apps and since i wasn't aware that they'd all gonne i bought another app, now i can't sinc that app because herr itunes says it'll erase all the apps on my ipt, and only leave the new one from what i've understood...
    so all i want is to put the new app on my ipod touch without erasing the tonnes of others i have, and i would like to not have to buy the same app directly on my ipt

i now this is my dumbass fault...but considering i haven't jailbroken the damn thing i hope that apple (or somebody in the forum that pittys us fools)has thought about the dumb paying costumer and there is a way out of this...

thanks for your help

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

you could start with something like senutil to copy stuff from the iPod to iTunes.

3. Soundwaves thread starter macrumors newbie

i had a backup of the apps, and have put them back in the right folder of itunes, but still it doesn't either recognize them on itunes nor allow me to sinc my ipod touch without loosing the apps i have on it...

4. gumball981 macrumors member

why don't when you plug your ipod into itunes, "slide to cancel" the sync. then I believe there is an option to "transfer purchases" (under file on a PC I don't know about a mac) that will transfer all the information from your ipod that was bought from itunes, like all the applications and bought songs and movies etc. Then you will be able to re-sync and bring that application you bought onto your ipod without erasing everything else.