Help! New 15 MBP wont stay flat on table

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gublatz, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Gublatz macrumors newbie

Just noticed that my MBP doesn't stay flat on my table. There's a wobble to it. The upper right and lower left move up or down. Has anyone had this happen? Should I be bringing it to my nearest Apple Store?

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Sure it's not your table? Did you try it on a different surface? Never noticed that with my MBP. If you're OCD like me you'll be at the Apple store when it opens Saturday morning.

3. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Mine is fine. I have noticed that happen before on a laptop but it was the table being a little off.

5. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

I bet your table isn't flat. There are level apps for the iPhone if you want to test it. BUT if your Macbook Pro is the same as mine (early 2008, pre-unibody) its batteries can slowly expand, happened to me once, which would make it uneven.

6. Smork macrumors member

Try it on multiple surfaces.
    If you have an iPhone, find a carpenter's level app and test the desk that is showing the improper results of the laptop and see the app finds it level or not.

7. Gublatz thread starter macrumors newbie

Good Lord.. My table was a little off. I don't feel so smart at the moment. You guys are amazing.. Thanks so much for the replies and for the 40 mile trip they've saved.. think i'll go cancel my reservation for tomorrow.

8. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

9. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

This has happened to me as well with previous MacBooks. It wasn't the table either. I think what happens is if you hold the computer with one hand on the corner, you can actually bend the computer slightly. Not by much, but enough to make it not lay flat on a table.

10. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

11. MauerFan macrumors regular

Did yah check the table?

12. CFoss macrumors 6502

I find it humorous how many people in this thread have suggested checking the table.