Help, new 2011 Macbook Pro 15", AMD 6750m stuck at 100mhz, poor FPS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MadMac84, Apr 1, 2011.

1. MadMac84 macrumors member

I have a new 15" Macbook Pro with a 6750m. I installed bootcamp and Windows 7 Professional. For the last few weeks I have been gaming on it with no problems and great framerates. Today I boot up Win7 and my games are sluggish. Turn on fraps and the FPS's are really low. After checking GPU-Z I have found out that the GPU is not up-clocking to 600Mhz core and 794Mhz memory, but staying at 100 and 150Mhz, respectively. I reinstalled the Catalyst drivers, but it still reports 11.2 and not the new 11.3. Anyone have some ideas I can try? I've got none left.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Try removing the drivers again and then use a driver cleaner to remove all traces of the drivers. Then install the latest Catalyst version again.

If that doesn't help, try using Overdrive and overclock your GPU to the normal clocks.

3. MadMac84 thread starter macrumors member

I removed the drivers, but when I installed the Catalyst package again I didn't see the driver show up in the components to install. After the install CCC gave me an error saying that my currently installed driver was incompatible and that I need to update it. Do drivers directly from AMD not work on Macbook Pros? Where can I get the correct driver for the 6750m?

4. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

Download the AMD bootcamp drivers from their website. The normal catalysts can't be installed with graphics switching laptops (MBP)

5. mediasorcerer macrumors regular

uninstall your drivers through hardware ,back to microsoft VGA drivers,reboot in safe mode then update off the apple install disc,might fix it,ive tried the amd drivers,but i thought the apple were better,i just had to reinstall them to get them working better,

6. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

This is the only real answer.
    Do this and your problems should be gone!

7. superkrups20056 macrumors member

Hey, I want to say I am having the same problem. My GPU activity floats at 40% when I try to play high end graphical games like Starcraft 2 on Windows XP Professional. The Boot Camp nor the 11.4 drivers have been helping :(