HELP! New iPad stuck on kernal panic screen

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andrewnguyener, May 1, 2012.

1. andrewnguyener macrumors member

Sorry for the bad pic. It just happened randomly while I was browsing Flipboard. Is this a common error? What do I do? :(

[​IMG]

It's a new iPad 4G 16GB model if that helps any. I just made an appointment to see the genius bar tomorrow morning.

2. Kralledr, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

Kralledr macrumors member

Hoy you did this?

Can you Tell the steps , this is a exploit Maybe usefull for pod2g

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

It's not common. If it persists, try restoring the software on your iPad.

4. andrewnguyener thread starter macrumors member

I don't know how I did this. It just happened lol. I would restore it, but it's not being recognized by iTunes :(

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google DFU mode, and follow directions. Once it's in DFU mode, iTunes should recognize it.

6. andrewnguyener thread starter macrumors member

That worked. Thanks for the help :)

7. Kralledr macrumors member

To Bad you can Not Tell us how you did this ...

Because this is very usefull

8. smg3480 macrumors newbie

same problem, no fix

I am having the same problem, started after install of ios 7 update. restore did not help. ipad been sitting for months. decided to take it out today and just give it a try. it actually recovered, went through setup, after about a min it shut off and went to connect to iTunes logo. now when I try to restre/recover it gets to the "communicating with ipad" stage and the ipad turns on, apple logo comes up and then the kernel panic shows up across the bottom. Looks EXACTLY like the picture posted. This has only happened while trying to restore/recover. Now it will not even attempt to restore just sits stuck in this state. I keep reading discussions on this topic, which seems to be a common issue after an update but this is the first ive found on this kernel panic. I would love some insight as to what is causing this and how it can be repaired. its an iPad 3, 64 gb, 2 years old.