Help? New iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by purplehunter, Sep 15, 2015.

1. purplehunter macrumors member

purplehunter

Okay so I preordered the new iPhone, bought the verizon one and selected replace a phone... I was able to get an upgrade.. entered my number and everything and when it gets here what will I have to do to make the data work on it... Won't the data stop working on the one I have now? (The one thats getting replaced) please explain in detal of what I will have to do, thank you ! :)

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Make a full backup in iTunes. Restore the backup to the new phone. Nothing to it.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

In addition to the steps above, you will need to remove the SIM from the old phone and put it in the new phone prior to setup.

4. purplehunter thread starter macrumors member

purplehunter

Will they give me something to open the SIM card with?

5. purplehunter thread starter macrumors member

purplehunter

I thought verizon came with the new ones installed

6. Gin Gin macrumors regular

Gin Gin

I don't know about Verizon, but I expect it's the same. With AT&T the phone comes with a SIM installed, and your old SIM will stop working when you activate the new phone. If for some reason you do need to remove the SIM from your old phone, you just use a paperclip. I believe my previous phones have come with a note from AT&T with instructions on how to activate it, but it's quite easy.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

1 - They will include instructions.
    2 - Only one phone will work at a time
    3 - This is an Iphone forum and pretty much everyone needs help. Try to be more descriptive in future posts.