Help: New Mac Old jailbroken iphone how to mix

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brianmcknizzle, Dec 8, 2010.

1. brianmcknizzle macrumors newbie

I just got a new Mac. It has itunes 10 pre-installed on it. My old computer is a windows based and my iphone is synced with that old computer. I used the spirit jailbreak on my iphone 3G. It is running ios 3.1.2 .

I would like to continue using my current cydia apps (most importantly mywi 4.0)

How do I back up my cydia apps with my new mac when my iphone is synced with my old windows based computer?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Cydia and Jailbroken app don't sync with iTunes, they are on your phone, once your transfer all your stuff to your new computer (Music, contacts, apps, etc) and sync it with your new machine, all your apps will still be there.

Now I trick to transfers stuff from computer to computer is to overwrite the iTunes folder (i haven't done it with itunes 10 yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work). Just copy your current itunes folder from windows (I think it is at C:/Users/<your User Name>/Music/iTunes - haven't use Win for a while so not sure if that path is still accurate) and overwrite the folder on your mac located at (/users/<userName>/Music/iTunes) and all your backsups, musics, app, settings, everything will be on your new machine. ;)

3. brianmcknizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. The thing that scares me is that when I hook my iphone up to the new computer it won't let me sync anything until I erase the phone. The message "This phone is synced with another itunes library." So that wouldn't be a big deal because I've already moved over all the music and "legit" apps. However, I would lose my cydia apps on the phone because it's essentially doing a restore right?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah that's because that machine and iTunes doesn't "know" your phone, You need to transfer your stuff first. If you do the trick I just described as soon as you connect your phone it will be recognized and sync like it was in the windows machine. I've done it many times. (again not yet with iTunes 10, but i haven't seen any changes on how itunes manage the directories so it should not be any different)

5. brianmcknizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

cool

I see, cool, ok man I'll try that...thanks alot I appreciate it.