help new mbp problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by g00k, Jun 26, 2008.

1. g00k macrumors regular

HELP
    my NEW mbp is making strange sounds on the left side of the soundboxes...
    is there the harddisk? or just my soundboxes corrupt?
    especially if i use "garagesounds" this noise comes as long as i move the notebook a little or press the case a bit... need help
    i just got it today and its already defected i am starting to hate apple...
    taking 2000 dollars from me and giving me such a ****** notebook...
    i had 0 fun today

2. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

wow noone wants to help me...
    though apple had a great community...

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

u dont get it, it makes noise when you play music? or when you press on it?
    or does it just make noises when using it?

4. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

the noise is more like a cracking/electronic sound...
    it appears when i press the notebook case (music off) and especially when i open "garagesound" (still music off) and after a couple of minutes it kinda dissapear and get less... oh and forgot when i turn my mbp on it makes cracking noises for a sec or 2 as well....
    is it a software failure or a hardware failure?

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

its your Hd.. i had that too on two of my hd's
    its not a big deal but could damage more with time, just go to apple and have them take a look at it.

6. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

thanks i will let them take a good look at it...
    guessed already it would be the hd...

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

if you can barely hear it, or only when your pressing your ear against it, its normal

also, it is not reasonable to expect a response within an hour, especially so early in the day

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Hmmm.. Let me guess, if u play any sound and listen to the left side of the speaker where the magsafe is u can hear a sizzling/electric/hissing noise?? Then when u unplug the MagSafe the noise is gone and when u plug it in the noise is back?!?

I had this issue and been through 8 15" mbp and checked at 2 different apple store (the demo models) and they all do it. This is why my 9th exchange was to the 17" hi res mbp and the 17" mbp has no speaker issues and is dead silent even after a sound has played. Also it doesnt exhibit the headphone jack hissing noise either.

I was hoping apple would fix this issue with an update but just when 10.5.3 came out applied the fix and it still does it. So I decided to finally exchange it to the 17" mbp and all the problems are fixed.

I noticed that apples history ever since the powerbook days that the 15" always has some issues while the 17" almost always no issues. I remember the 15" powerbooks had the vertical strip or band issue and now the current penryn models have the vertical led stripe issue as well, white spot issues, lower ram slot going out and a few other ones can't think of right now...

9. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

k sry... in my timezone it is a reasonable time :D
    forgot :rolleyes:
    btw as i said i dont turn music on. when i start my notebook without magsafe it makes some cracking sounds and i dont need to press my ear near the speaker.
    i guess its the harddisk... i make a apple hardware check with pressing d while start up.... i will report later what the outcome is. is this check reliable?

10. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

Hey MORON you posted it at 3 in the morning EST.

love always,
    the apple community

11. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

And I can't edit posts for some reason when I'm at work.

Sorry for the insult :)

12. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

np sry for my insult better said...
    dissapointing but the hardware check said i dont have a hardware prob...
    i really dont know what it is...

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

When you ask for help, don't put swears, tell us why you hate Apple; we can't help with that.

Okay, I'm on 3AM for me, but your post is very confusing; what is this sound? How loud is it? Stick your ear to it; is it near a corner, over the grill? Does it sound like squealing? Maybe clicking or whirling?

Please use descriptive words. Telling us it's making sounds could just be you're playing something in the background and forgot about it.

14. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

now i think i have it...
    i played a movie and recently my left speaker stopped...
    i used garageband for a couple of minutes to test my left speaker only and it is kinda corrupt.
    sometimes it works sometimes not... sometimes louder and sometimes less...
    to the sound... its like electric static and y its over the grill the sound
    and my left speaker is way too quiete... it has maybe 10% the power of my right speaker....
    any solutions? hardware defect or software prob?

15. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

So, you know you have a problem --- why haven't you taken it back to Apple to get it resolved? It sounds like a hardware issue to me.

You paid 2k$ for this, and you're just going to sit around asking a bunch of people online rather than having a qualified (hehe) physical person look at it?

It's called a warranty! Use it! lol.

16. g00k thread starter macrumors regular

i know... the thing is i just didnt buy my apple in the country where i live....
    and i fly in a couple of days and i dont wanna get it repaided and get delayed.
    so i will live with it for a couple of days and let the apple staff look at it while i am home.
    btw what do i need to use my warranty? is the serialnumber enough? or do i need the bill...

17. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

When I took my MBP in for service of the screen, I didn't take anything but the computer with me. They confirmed all the info there at the desk. I assume that's how it goes, but maybe someone else would be able to confirm as this was my only experience with Apple Service.