Help! New to Mac, tabbing in forms?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by flmom2boys, Aug 21, 2007.

1. flmom2boys macrumors newbie

I find myself filling in forms in my firefox browser quite a bit. It is so frustrating to have to click on the drop down menus because the mac skips them when tabbing through the form.

I've looked on line for fixes. One involved using about:config in the firefox browser then changing a setting in the tabfocus. However, I double click and it doesn't give me the option of changing anything. I think that fix must be for an older version of Firefox or mac.

I LOVE my new mac - so glad I made the switch - EXCEPT this darn tabbing issue.

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
    Cindy

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Open System Preferences. Select "Keyboard and Mouse". Select "Keyboard shortcuts". Select "All controls" at the bottom of the window.

3. flmom2boys thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but, I tried that already too

It didn't work :-( I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I read that this works in Safari, but not FireFox. I guess I may have to switch to Safari after all.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Odd, I'm sure it works with Firefox for me - I pretty much use FF exclusively. I'm not at my Mac to double check, but I don't remember being annoyed by this. So unless I've got used to selecting drop downs so I don't notice it any more, there's something up with what you're doing.

Here's someone else doing what I suggested.

5. flmom2boys thread starter macrumors newbie

It works!

I guess I had to close my browser for it to take affect!

Thanks for your help :)