HELP. No icons after spirit Jailbreak!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cstoliker, May 12, 2010.

1. Cstoliker macrumors newbie

I just jailbroke my Iphone 3gs 3.2.1 with spirit. All looked OK and Spirit app said successful and the butter turn to "Quit." After the Iphone re booted, I pressed what WAS quit in Jailbreak to close it, but instead it must have turn to something else like jailbreak again.

Now the Iphone has no Icons aside from the applications I downloaded. No "Settings" No "map" no "phone" Nothing.

I restored from back up but same thing. All I have are games and applications I downloaded.

2. shayneeric, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

shayneeric macrumors newbie

3. Cstoliker thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nefiwashere macrumors newbie

i have the same problem all of my default icons are missing . the one on the botton like music safaria app store. the calander voice memo calculator etc are gone to. i have reset the ipod twice and just powerd it down to. no luck i would like to fix this without fully restorying the ipod.

i did the jail break on a 64gb ipod touch 3rd gen.. i was using windows 7 32bit. i did the run as admin and windoes 98 compa. thing. if u know how to fix let me know thanks

5. nefiwashere macrumors newbie

wat i did to fix

1st. Make a copy of ur original ipod backup that u made before the jailbreak.
    do a google search to find were it is on ur pc.

ok i think i fixed this what ur going to have to do is restore ur ipod to factory. dont use ur backup.
    after u restore to factory give it a new name put an app and a song to see if everything works. then redo the hole jailbreak process do the shsh back up thing to, still keep ur originals tho.

when u do the jailbreak keep an eye on the spirit jailbreak window on ur pc when it says jailbreak succesfull just hit the X to exit not quit. i think wen u hut quit it re jailbreaks and jacks ur ipod up.

after that make sure everything works cydia runs and installs apps fine.
    then delete any apps u installed with cydia and itunes.

connect to itunes and ur going to restore ur ipod from ur original backup before the jailbreak.
    after that ur jailbreak shud be there with cydia. now just sync all ur apps and music back.

6. Cstoliker thread starter macrumors newbie

I updated to 3.1.3 and that fixed it. I was saving the update to use as a saftey net. Now that I used it, I need to be sure i can fix it another way before I try to jailbreak again.
    Someone told me of something called a DFU restore that is like a normal restore but gives the option of restoring the filmware too. So I could replace 3.1.3 with 3.1.3. Can someone confirm this?