help! no power to LCD screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by computerclueles, Dec 13, 2007.

1. computerclueles macrumors newbie

Last night I was typing a paper and all of a sudden my screen went black. My battery was completely charged so that wasnt the problem. Ive tried EVERYTHING, and nothing has worked. The power does go on and off, The caps lock button light still is on, and when I turn it off and back on again I can hear the reboot sound. But there is no green light on the power button and no power to my LCD screen. Also my eject button for my disc drive is broken. Im so bummed. I have a paper due tomorrow, and everything is saved on there. I called a few places about repairing but no one services Macs..hellllpp

2. bfChris macrumors newbie

there is hope - if you have a monitor

Clueless,

If you have an external monitor sitting around, hook it up and reboot. If the monitor is already powered up when your Mac boots, your Mac will make the external monitor the primary monitor. That means your menu bar, your Dock, and everything you need to run your Mac will be there, where you can see it.

My Powerbook G4 (Titanium) did the same thing (black screen) in the fall of 2002, while I was abroad. I hooked it up to a television set and was able to get my important documents off it, before sending it in for repair!

Hope this helps. I really feel for you.