Help- no recent backups found

snowbandit16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
I just installed the developer version iOS7 beta on an iPod touch 5g. When i went to restore the iPod from a backup, it had nothing since December (which is when i switched to this generation). I lost all my app data, which sucks, but not a huge deal. I've got my notes still- mostly. More importantly, i lost a lot of pictures and video clips.

-I backed up both to my computer and iCloud before updating the os, but there must've been some kind of error, obviously. When i try to restore from icloud, it says my device has never been backed up to icloud.

-I have several pics from the last month, since that's when i decided to use the icloud backup. I'm considering using that december backup. If i do, won't i loose notes and pictures that are newer than that?

utahman130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2012
I just installed the developer version iOS7 beta on an iPod touch 5g. When i went to restore the iPod from a backup, it had nothing since December (which is when i switched to this generation). I lost all my app data, which sucks, but not a huge deal. I've got my notes still- mostly. More importantly, i lost a lot of pictures and video clips.

-I backed up both to my computer and iCloud before updating the os, but there must've been some kind of error, obviously. When i try to restore from icloud, it says my device has never been backed up to icloud.

-I have several pics from the last month, since that's when i decided to use the icloud backup. I'm considering using that december backup. If i do, won't i loose notes and pictures that are newer than that?
Are you part of the Apple developer program?

Ice Burgh

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2012
Plug it up to iTunes

Plug it up to iTunes and restore from there. It'll have the latest backup, same thing happened to me.

snowbandit16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Plug it up to iTunes and restore from there. It'll have the latest backup, same thing happened to me.
do you mean restore? or restore backup? because like i said, it says the last backup was december. (other than the most recent one from like 15 minutes ago, which i dont think counts since i did this yesterday)

Last edited: