Help!!! no service, not an easy fix

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boogaloo shrimp, Mar 23, 2010.

1. boogaloo shrimp macrumors newbie

ok, to start, I have been around the block with iphones and have done dozens of repairs, housing replacements, water damage fixes and software recoveries.

a guy brings me his iphone that was thrown to the ground by an angry girlfriend....

someone tried opening it between the plastic and bezel, i had to replace: glass, lcd, headphone flew cable, and some buttons, and housing.......

the phone is like new now, but when we put any sim in it the phone searches, then says no service, the guy said sometimes he would get a couple bars. wen his sim is put in another phone it works.

i restored, rebooted and reset the network settings. i also put in a new flex cable with antenna, didn;t work.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: help

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

No it's not! ;) 'Fraid all your expertise is to no avail this time! Probably best to let Apple have a look at it.

3. boogaloo shrimp thread starter macrumors newbie

i think the guy might have F'd something up on the logic board when it got man handled