Help! No Vibration

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by S'port Hunter, Feb 28, 2011.

1. S'port Hunter macrumors newbie

I did a jailbreak on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1 using greenpoisi0n. It worked perfectly for a couple of days and still does on all fronts except one. I have lost the vibration notification. I tried to install a vibration increase app, but still no vibration. Any ideas? I'm trying to upload a screenshot, if that will help in diagnosis.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

When you turn the vibration button to silent. Did the screen give you any image like the bell with line goes through it?

3. S'port Hunter thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

did it vibrate? if it did, then look at all the vibration setting you have in there. If it not, then the vibrate motor is gone.

5. S'port Hunter thread starter macrumors newbie

Motor is Gone? As in dead? Or as in I need to restore to original to get it back. This phone is only 5 days old.

6. Xhita macrumors member

Most probably dead. :(
    Are you sure you did not install any JB apps that interfere with the vibration function?

I did a quick google search and found this in a Apple forum:

Apple Forum link

Hopefully this will help...

7. S'port Hunter thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed a lot of JB apps. I'm trying to figure out if one of them interferes. I tried the ibrate and it still will not vibrate. I think I'm going to restore and see if that works. If not, then I guess I'm gonna have to get a refurb unit.

8. Xhita macrumors member

Ok, good luck, let's hope the restore will fix the issue.

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I believe the motor is dead. Just restore your phone and see if it works. If not, bring it back in to get a replacement. since you restore it, they will not know it has been jailbroken.