Help: Non OEM Macbook screen replacement issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mgfuns, May 28, 2010.

1. mgfuns macrumors newbie

Hi,

I agreed to attempt LCD screen replacement on a 13.3" macbook for a friend. We're nearing finals time so I dont have much time to spend on this and she kinda needs her computer back...Basically the screen was cracked and the apple rep on campus wanted $800 to fix it so you know how it goes...

She purchased a screen from amazon.com marketplace, from MLC distribution. I have been successful in disassembling everything with some online tutorial help.

The replacement screen, however, does not have the same cable size coming off of it. The blue and white cable which came off of the original one is instead red and black. The cables are much thicker. It seems to me that these should go back under the hinge cover.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, they're too thick and basically there is no way to get the cover on with them in place.

I can squeeze them behind but I think this will distort the final image on the screen since it will be putting pressure on LCD.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

2. mgfuns thread starter macrumors newbie

Managed to make it work anyway. PS this forum is WEAK. I hope I get banned because I'm not coming back regardless. Seriously, noone knew this crap?

3. AshMan macrumors regular

What do ya expect a response in 2 seconds? On most forums it can take sometimes days to get a response. Good luck to you

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...hopefully it continues to work well for you since you have no intention of returning:rolleyes: