Help! Non-stop Calls from "unknown" every 3 minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mcdeeee, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. mcdeeee, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by markyr17: Jun 2, 2015

mcdeeee macrumors newbie

Help, since 6am yesterday, I've been getting calls from "unknow" or "No Caller ID" literally exactly every 3 minutes!!!! If I answer it imediatlly hangs up. At&t has no solution except changing my phone number. It's an Iphone 6, so there's no approved (w.o Jailbreak) app that can block it either. Anyone else have a solution? I've put my phone on do not disturb, to save my battery, but I'm just an idiot...

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Almost sounds like more of an automated type of "attack" in a sense if it happens every 3 minutes basically and with no caller ID.

Odd that on the carrier end they can't put a block for "No Caller ID" type of callers or something like that to help out a user in this type of situation.

4. mcdeeee thread starter macrumors newbie

It's crazy, It's like someone on the show Lost is pressing the button every 3 minutes and it calls my phone and hangs up.
    And yup, it's still going non-stop. :(

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You'd really think it'd be in the interest of your carrier to spot and top spamming/abuse (whether on purpose or not) of this type.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. Juarez7514 macrumors member

Your carrier should offer to block unknown calls or no caller id

8. mcdeeee thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, my carrier (ATT) should, but won't. And Trapcall is like $5/mo. Gotta be another way.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There is no other way.
    If it becomes a problem its better to pay the $5 and then have evidence of the person that's harassing you.
    Many people filed police reports and charges due to trapcall unmasking their true caller ID.
    Up to you but $5 is not that much IMO.

10. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

I don't get it as often, but I do get calls from an unknown number and it's always a machine message saying "Important message from AT&T..." Pretty sure it's a scam hoping I'm an old person calling in to tell my sensitive info to, pretending to be AT&T. I'm not an idiot. Why would AT&T try contacting me over and over from an unidentified number? LOL. Scammers...

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'd try to talk to AT&T again and see what they can do. Perhaps the representative you talked to just wasn't very good and didn't really know about all the options that might be available. Again, it would be in their own interest to stop some sort of repeated automated calls spamming their own network basically.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.