Help!!!! Not Charging!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmkonrath, May 12, 2011.

1. rmkonrath macrumors newbie

Help guys!

All of a sudden my Macbook pro isn't charging. It was working great last night but now it's not chargin at all.

I've tried different outlets, unplugging plugging in. everything i can think of.

Has this happened to you? Any advice?

2. rmkonrath thread starter macrumors newbie

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad it's working now. If you have problems in the future, the following link may help. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. rmkonrath thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so now it's not charging again. I'm not sure if it's the plug or what. Sometimes it turns on(charges...turns green then yellow) but it doesn't happen much any more?

This is pretty frustraing. Followed the provided link and found no information.

Should i take this to an apple store?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Reset the SMC. Instructions in the Battery FAQ I posted, under CHARGING. Also check out the MagSafe troubleshooting link there.

6. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I'm more inclined to blame the charger than the computer. I've had two magsafe chargers fail on me in the last couple of years. Wiggle the connection where the electrical prongs are. One of mine failed there; wouldn't make solid connection. And also check on the magsafe end at those five (i think it's five) little spring loaded points. That's where my other one failed. They lost their spring and stopped making solid connction with the computer. If you cross both of those off your list, then start troubleshooting the computer.