Help...not getting push on my new iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Nov 3, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Backed up from my 4 with all the settings the same...anybody know why Im not getting push emails? I'm using yahoo

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Have you looked to make sure your account is set up correctly on the phone. Try deleting the email account on the phone and starting over.

3. Antidoll macrumors regular

I think you have to set it up through Exchange... that's what I had to do with my Gmail and now I get my emails pushed! :)

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Tried that but no luck

----------

Odd just switched off phone and on and now works...

5. Deako macrumors 6502

iCloud push wasnt working for me either. Deleted the iCloud account from the phone several times, and it would work for a while then stop again.

Eventually it just started working again. But its intermittent.

Right this moment, its not working for me again, and i just checked the mail app and had 3 more emails.

6. Vizin, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

BTDT, in my iPad under 4.3 and MobileMe... I have an Executive level case on the problem, they see push get turned off on my iPad, then turn itself back on, BUT, everyone on the iOS team that needed to be involved was busy working on the iCloud and iOS5 launch.... I'm talking 4 plus weeks of emailing them logs of it happening.

Turning the device on and off resets it for a few days.

I suggest logging a call with apple on it - maybe my logs are finally in the hands of the person can solve the problem and it can get fixed, because from what I'm hearing the problem hasn't gone away (and I haven't updated my iPad to 5, nor my MobileMe account to iCloud).

Good luck, and be sure to get it noted.....