Help..notes on one iPhone copies on other iPhone automatically

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ramio, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Every time I write a note in my 5s, my wife automatically gets the same note in her notes. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing that?.

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502

Sure. Don't be linked to the same iCloud account. That's kinda the idea of a cloud sync.

3. trevolly macrumors member

I know it's a silly question but you're not logged in to each phone under the same iCloud / Me account are you?

4. cynics macrumors G4

Help..notes on one iPhone copies on other iPhone automatically

Sounds like you are using 1 Apple ID for two people. It's syncing your notes to all your devices which in this case aren't yours.

If that's the case try going to settings > iCloud > notes > toggle off

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Settings/icloud/notes Turn that option to off.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This is the only truly correct answer. (the others are correct but far more drastic than necessary)

One can share iCloud with multiple devices. Simply select which items you wish to sync. It's that simple.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    I use my icloud with a few family members also and like you said you gotta be careful what icloud items you select to turn on with select devices.
    My brother ended up getting all my contacts one time when he messed around with those settings.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's only one that states not to use the same iCloud account. Given that the OP didn't consider the impact it's impossible to say what is the best solution for the OP since the OP has probably overlooked other considerations as well.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thanks for taking away my "truly correct answer" award away:D

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Well the issue certainly isn't from him NOT using the same iCloud account. His wife isn't going to randomly get his emails...

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Another option, though a little more work, would be to create new iCloud accounts for both you and your wife but continue sharing the same AppleID for app/music purchases. That way there's no need to buy your content all over again and each of you can have all your stuff backed up to iCloud in case you get a new iPhone or something. Again, it'll be a little more work than just turning off Notes in the iCloud settings, but still something to consider.