help on a vital choice for car player for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joseph1313, Mar 3, 2008.

1. joseph1313 macrumors member

well this is my second iphone. My first one fried and audio was effed up due to me pluggin it in to friends fm car adapter made for IPODS only i guess no iphones. Wen i plugged it in it sais sumthing bout do u want to turn airplane mode on and i hit yes. If i hit no would i have my original iphone to this day??well i dont want to make cds for car i wanna use iphone so ne recomandations on wat car thing is best for iphone thnx guys lemme no

2. joseph1313 thread starter macrumors member

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I think people are just confused. It seems bizarre it would have hurt your iPhone. Saying YES actually helps cause then there is no mobile phone interference to make the music sounds even worst.

Your car doesn't have an AUX in or a cassette slot (where you could use a cassette adapter)? Those two options would provide much better audio than a FM modulator, but I had a car once without either those options either, so if you're the same situation you'll have to read up on all the FM transmitters, to see what one might work for you.

4. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Are there any car stereos units that have a usb input that work with an iphone?

5. afd macrumors 6502a

I have a bargain basement goodmans GCE7207I bought on eBay for about £40. Works fine with my iPhone on Airplane mode and I get occasional GSM buzz with Airplane mode off.