Numpty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Western Australia
Hi has anyone got any idea how i can stop the following issue other than moving the two apple TV's into separate rooms?

Set Up is:

Samsung Frame TV- bedroom
Samsung Flat panel TV-Library
two apple TV 4K- one connected to each

Frame TV and flat panel are mounted on either side of an internal wall. So separate rooms. The two apple TV's are in the entertainment unit under the flat panel TV. ( library) connected directly to each TV's Connect one box so separate connections.

Ok so the Samsung Frame universal remote work great and when apple TV is selected on the Frame it controls the apple TV flawlessly. remember this is located in the library next to the libraries Apple TV. However the problem is it also controls the libraries Apple TV with the exact same commands. Press up on the universal remote and both apple Tv's move up. Light flashes to show they both got the signal.

Things done so far:

• Library ATV has had an apple remote paired to it and unpaired: same result.
  • The HDMI cable can be removed from the Library ATV so it is isolated and it will still receive a signal and operate as I operate the Apple TV connected to the frame. So signal is not being relaid via HDMI on the library TV.
  • Have switched off and on HDMI control on both Apple TV's and Samsung TV's still happens.
  • The only time it stops is if the Library ATV is moved 5 or six meters away, in this situation even if the universal remote is right next to the Library ATV it will not operate it, It will still operate the Frame TV's Apple TV.

Spent hours trying to sort this with both apple support and Samsung getting pointed to each other.

What i have concluded is the Apple TV connected to the Frame TV seems to get the signal via HDMI from the Frame TV connected to the samsung universal remote. All as it should be there.
However the same ATV then seems to be repeating the signal though Bluetooth or some other short range connection which then activate the second ATV connected to the library TV Which is strange.

Anyone got any suggestions ??

vertical smile

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2014
Is this "Frame Remote" IR?

Maybe try to use the remote learning feature to learn the "Frame Remote" and turn off HDMI-CEC on the Samsung TV.
[automerge]1576185235[/automerge]
turn off HDMI-CEC on the Samsung TV.

Maybe this can be turned off from the ATV instead of the TV.

Numpty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
Western Australia
Is this "Frame Remote" IR?

Maybe try to use the remote learning feature to learn the "Frame Remote" and turn off HDMI-CEC on the Samsung TV.
[automerge]1576185235[/automerge]

Maybe this can be turned off from the ATV instead of the TV.

The frame remote is IR and BT but controls the ATV via HDMI.
Have switched off CEC on both library ATV and Library TV

Still gets signal from the universal remote.

mat_gee

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
The frame remote is IR and BT but controls the ATV via HDMI.
Have switched off CEC on both library ATV and Library TV

Still gets signal from the universal remote.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same problem with my frame remote and 2 apple TVs in neighboring rooms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.