Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caralosdbernard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Panama City Panama
My macbook pro late 2012.... well long story. i get the ASD and make all installation restore. the ASD os stuck on remote debugger. with a nice CCPPUU 22 (asd3150) and CPU asd3155) on the ASD EFI. 3 errors. 1. Battery test 6 Sealed fail (maybe cause a generic one) 2. Chipset (test 1 Management Engine Presence Test error not found. Test Failed. And on the test 55 of 56 (sata HD) the computer shutdown. I do feel hot. But no so hot.

Note I got these computer as a payment. non working. corrosion present. clean it and change the top case new keyboard. corrosion was on the side of the magsafe board. clean it very carefully. but sill slow on the graphics. the rest is ok. the screen flix. I do not have a MULTIMETER. I order one but it will arrive on December 15. I all ready have my blueprints and schematics. but 0% of electronics. I just learn since money is very limited for the moment.

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    846.4 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 461

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
My macbook pro late 2012.... well long story. i get the ASD and make all installation restore. the ASD os stuck on remote debugger. with a nice CCPPUU 22 (asd3150) and CPU asd3155) on the ASD EFI. 3 errors. 1. Battery test 6 Sealed fail (maybe cause a generic one) 2. Chipset (test 1 Management Engine Presence Test error not found. Test Failed. And on the test 55 of 56 (sata HD) the computer shutdown. I do feel hot. But no so hot.

Note I got these computer as a payment. non working. corrosion present. clean it and change the top case new keyboard. corrosion was on the side of the magsafe board. clean it very carefully. but sill slow on the graphics. the rest is ok. the screen flix. I do not have a MULTIMETER. I order one but it will arrive on December 15. I all ready have my blueprints and schematics. but 0% of electronics. I just learn since money is very limited for the moment.

Did you try reinstalling the operating system?

caralosdbernard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Panama City Panama
Did you try reinstalling the operating system?

Yes. I did.

In fact. during installation and ASD EFI, the screen does NOT flix. These model of macbook pro mid2012, there is 2 ASD. on both give me CPU panic, but different issues. On the ASD EFI, on both, Main Logic Board Test4, SMC Test7(SMC EPM check), SMC test8(SMC SMC Power Balancing check) came TEST PASS

I change the HD cable (new) just in case, but still!

davidnayzar

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
SF,California
Yes. I did.

In fact. during installation and ASD EFI, the screen does NOT flix. These model of macbook pro mid2012, there is 2 ASD. on both give me CPU panic, but different issues. On the ASD EFI, on both, Main Logic Board Test4, SMC Test7(SMC EPM check), SMC test8(SMC SMC Power Balancing check) came TEST PASS

I change the HD cable (new) just in case, but still!
[doublepost=1458239785][/doublepost]It is not as hard as we actually think. I had one machine lastweek with display problem and after did all repair, I ran the ASD and the error shows ME region not present.
What simple step solved the issue is just OS installation.
It is A1278 (820-3115B) i7 16GB mid 2012 model purchased in 2015.
What solved the issue is actually a joke after I struggled to flash the ME region and failed, I thought about different way to try and worked with a simple method.
I was running it on Yosemite not the stupid El Capitan.
1) I ran disgnostic with "D" at start up while ethernet connected.
Get the ME Region error.
2) disconnect the network
3) Get the USB installation drive with Yosemite
4) Optio+power on
5) install the OS
And I went to sleep. When woke up it is done and no more error. Machine is back to normal!!!
I hope it helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 335
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.